August 5, 2010

THE COMEBACK KID

His playing career is in the crossroad. After seeing action for two Euro teams last season, ex-University of Maryland Terrapins star Juan Dixon tested positive for steroids last February and was suspended indefinitely by FIBA. All he wants now is to have another opportunity to play in the NBA. The 31 year-old shooting guard is working extra hard this summer and is begging for redemption, according to an article in Hoopsworld.com. Dixon, who was a cult figure during his college days, is a seven-year NBA veteran with career averages of 8.4 ppg and 2.4 apg in 436 total games with the Washington Wizards, Portland Trail Blazers, Toronto Raptors and Detroit Pistons. The 6-3, Baltimore native, was the 17th pick over-all by the Wizards in the 2002 rookie draft.

“I was surprised. I'm not happy with it but I have to serve a penalty and they decided to give me one year. It's a long time but hopefully I can get a break this next season in the NBA.

“Hopefully there will be some opportunities for me. I'm working extremely hard every day and going through this last year has been a very humbling experience for me. It really put a lot of stuff into perspective and hopefully things can work out in my favor this upcoming season.”

No comments:

Post a Comment