August 7, 2010

SMUSH WANTS BACK

Despite the love for playing as an import in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA), Smush Parker wants to be back soon in the NBA, according to the New York Post . Parker had spent the last two seasons strutting his wares for the Guandong Southern Tigers Hongyuan wherein he posted norms of 18.7 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 5.7 apg in 43 games last season. The 6-4, ex-Fordham University standout is a five-year NBA journeyman with career averages of 9.0 ppg, 2.4 rpg and 2.9 apg in 274 total games with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Detroit Pistons, Phoenix Suns, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers. Parker last played in the NBA during the 2007-08 season.

“I’m used to being away from home, but it was an adjustment because I wasn’t able to talk to anybody. At the same time I had a job to do. It’s about playing at the top level of basketball that there is. I feel like I can play at that level and I’ve proven myself. It’s just about trying to get back. I’m just going to let the chips fall where they may. I’m going to end up at somebody’s veteran camp and try to make the team. If I can’t get back,  I am content with going overseas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment