January 24, 2012

DIRK IS STRUGGLING

Through the years, reigning NBA finals MVP Dirk Nowitzki of the defending champions Dallas Mavericks is the epitome of the true pro basketball player. But as the new season unfolded last December, the German bomber is playing just a shadow of his old self. The wear and tear of playing NBA ball and seeing action with the German national squad in the Euro Championships last summer could have finally caught up with the 33 year-old Nowitzki. Now he will miss four games to re-condition his body and recover from his sore right knee. His absence will truly spell trouble for the Mavericks but it may work for them in the long run. Nowitzki is currently averaging a 13-year career low of 17.5 ppg and 5.4 rpg in 16 outings this season. The last time he posted an average of below 20 points was during his sophomore year in 1999-200. Nowitzki says it would be better for the team to be without him at this time, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“We just thought it was a good decision for everybody. I’m not happy right now anyways, so the guys are better off when I’m not out there. This gives me time to really do some of the stuff that I couldn’t do when my knee was bothering me the last couple weeks. I couldn’t lift and run and do the things I needed to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment