July 1, 2011

J.J. REDICK’S UTIMATE DREAM: TO BE AN NBA STARTER

Orlando Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick was a regular starter in his four years of college ball at Duke University, where he posted an astonishing average of 26.8 points a game during his senior year. After the Magic drafted Redick as the 11th pick over-all in the 2006 rookie draft, reality sets in for the 6-4, Cookeville (TN) native. In five NBA seasons, Redick started only 19 games (out of a total of 281 outings). He has career norms of 7.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg and 1.4 apg including a .394 clip from the three-point arc. Redick says his biggest frustrations in the big league are not being to start and the failure to win a championship, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

“I would certainly like to start. I mean every player would probably like to start. But I enjoy my role on the Magic and for me, any frustration that I've had in the last few years has been about not winning a championship. That's kind of what my focus is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment