August 11, 2010

FUTURE COACH

Take it from Chicago Bulls Executive Vice President and former teammate John Paxson, that incoming Hall-of-Famer Scottie Pippen will make an excellent coach someday. Paxson is optimistic that Pippen has the smarts and dedication of a very good basketball coach, according to ESPN. Pippen and Paxson were members of the Bulls first three-peat championship squad from 1991 to 1993.

“I think Scottie is smart enough and dedicated enough to the game that I think at some point he's going to want to get into coaching. My personal feeling is that Scottie Pippen will be an excellent basketball coach.

“You never know. Right now obviously at some point he's going to have to get into the profession. A lot of guys take different routes. It's all about what kind of timeline he would have. All I'm saying is I think he's just a very, very smart guy and that if he ever does want to get into coaching, I think he would be very good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment