March 17, 2011

THIBODEAU’S HARD COACHING STYLE REAP DIVIDENDS FOR D-ROSE AND THE BULLS

(ESPN Photo)
When the Chicago Bulls named erstwhile Boston Celtics assistant coach Tim Thibodeau as its new head mentor last summer, sure there was a breeze of optimism in the Windy City, but no one expected where they are right now. The Bulls are currently in the second spot in the Eastern Conference just a half game behind the pace-setting Celtics. Chicago's young star, Derrick Rose has also become the front-runner in the race for the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award. Rose, who is leading the team in scoring this season with a 24.7 ppg average, credited their success to the hard coaching style of Thibodeau which gave them specific roles for the team, according to the Sporting News.

“Thibs is a hard coach to play for. Practices are very hard; we watch film every single day. But he teaches you the right way. He holds you accountable for everything. Every single thing. Especially for the point guard, for the leader of the team—he told me that from the beginning. I’m the leader, so he has to stay on me. If something doesn’t go the way he wants it to go, he is going to come to me because he looks at me like the leader of the team. It’s hard, but he made sure I knew it’s my role and I have to accept it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment