March 25, 2011

TOO OLD TO COACH IN THE NBA?

Let it be known to all NBA teams that are gunning for the services of Mike Krzyzewski in the near future that the longtime Duke University and current Team USA head coach will never accept any pro league coaching job. Krzyzewski, who is fresh from guiding the all-pro US National squads to the Olympics and FIBA World titles, respectively, thinks at 64, he is now too old to pursue any NBA coaching job and he would rather continue to coach the pro players in the international level, according to ESPN.

“I didn't know I'd have the opportunity to coach internationally again until Jerry Colangelo asked me. I love that. It's made me a better a coach and it's made me love the NBA even more but I'm good with where I'm at. I'm too old to do anything else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment