March 22, 2011

LIFE AFTER NBA: HAIRCUT, TERRELL BRANDON-STYLE

For Terrell Brandon, there is truly life after basketball. The former NBA guard, who was twice an all-star, played ten fruitful years in the pro league. For now until the future, he may never earn an NBA-like salary again but the important thing is that he is happy, contented and loving every minute of what he is doing right now. Brandon now operates a barber shop in northeast Portland and says it is a dream come true for him to finally have his own business, according to ESPN.

“A normal day for me, I'm usually in the barbershop chilling out and taking care of business just like any other barbershop. It makes people feel comfortable that they can come in and get a haircut -- and some people just want to come in and hang out. I like that atmosphere.

“I used to write my name over and over again, and that led me to thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to own something of my own one day. It really is a dream come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment