March 10, 2011

KEMBA WALKER WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE NY KNICKS

If given the choice, Bronx native and University of Connecticut star point guard Kemba Walker would love to play for his hometown team, the New York Knicks. The 6-1 spitfire, who currently leads the US College circuit in scoring, is expected to declare for the coming June rookie draft. Walker says it has always been his dream of playing for the Knicks at the fabled Madison Square Garden and the chance to play with his childhood hero Carmelo Anthony, according to the Hartford Courant.

“It's special, a special place to play. Everybody dreams of playing in this place, the bright lights, everybody watching. It's just a special place. Carmelo Anthony has been my favorite player so wherever he goes, I go. I think about that all the time. I would love to not only play with him but play for this organization, just because I'm from here. But whatever happens, happens. I can't control stuff like that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment