March 10, 2011

BEANTOWN IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR NENAD KRSTIC

The least known factor in the emergence of Oklahoma City Thunder as an NBA powerhouse team is former starting center Nenad Krstic. Every time the Thunder is being mentioned, it’s always Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Jeff Green but no one hears the name of the 7-o Serbian native. Krstics played two and a half seasons with the Thunder and during that span OKC has metamorphosed from an expansion-like squad to serious title contenders. Anyway, all of that is now part of history as Krstic takes his act to the Boston Celtics, where is expected to play a vital role in their drive for an 18th championship banner. In fact, Krstic is doing well in Beantown than he was with the Thunder this season. He is currently averaging 12.2 ppg and 4.8 caroms per outing in five games so far with Boston as compared to his 7.6 ppg and 4.4 rpg in 47 appearances for the Thunder earlier this season. Krstic has started all games in both the Thunder and the Celtics. He says he does not really missed OKC as he is having a better time in Boston right now, according to the Sporting News.

“Not really. I was really frustrated when I found out, because no one really told me anything. They were saying they were happy with me, and all the sudden I got traded. So I was not upset leaving Oklahoma City. It was a good time in Oklahoma City, but I think I am going to have a better time here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment