April 14, 2011

THE AIR21 MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR

Another chapter awaits the Cinderella campaign of the Air21 Express in the PBA Commissioner Cup. The Express came back from a 13-point halftime deficit to shock the Alaska Aces, 97-94 in the deciding game three of the best-of-three quarterfinal series. The win was highlighted by a big 46-point output in the 3rd canto starring import Alpha Bangura and guard Josh Urbiztondo, which saw the Express turned the tables on the Aces by posting a similar 13-point lead going into the last period. The Lina-owned franchise now advances into the semis against the top-seed Talk N Text Tropang Texters in a best-of-seven showdown. Express head coach Bong Ramos says the total determination of his boys plus God’s Will help propel the Express to the next round, according to the Air21 Express official website.

“To God to be the glory. It’s our fourth do-or-die game but the boys never loose hope. The players provide me a lot of hope. But with the personnel I have, it provides me strength and my players are really aggressive. I just told them to calm down and follow the game plan. We adjusted well. I salute my players. They really want to go to the next round.”

No comments:

Post a Comment