April 21, 2011

NOBODY BUT GINOBILI

(AP Photo)
When the Western Conference top-seed San Antonio Spurs dropped a shocking loss in game one to the last-seed Memphis Grizzlies, pundits kept pointing to one missing factor for the Spurs: Manu Ginobili. The 33-year-old Argentine ageless wonder missed the series opener due to a badly-sprained right elbow. Until game-time of the second game, Ginobili remains a big question mark but the Spurs can not afford another defeat that will put them in a hole with games 3 and 4 scheduled in Elvisland. Ginobili did return and what a factor he was as he pumped in 17 big points and helped the Spurs win, 93-87 to level up their series at one game apiece. Ginobili says he was uncomfortable with the brace that he wore to protect his injured elbow but that did not stop him from dishing out a decent game enough for the Spurs to win, according to Yahoo! Sports.


“It was uncomfortable. But I felt I did OK. I took some risk. I went for some steals and rebounds and it wasn’t that I played worried about getting hit or something. I haven’t played in 10 days. It’s not that much, but when you come from 80 games, playing every other game, I was a little rusty. Hopefully by the next one, I’ll feel better. Used to wearing the thing (brace). Truth is I didn’t feel I was having a good offensive game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment