April 29, 2011

FRANK VOGEL: FROM INTERIM TO REGULAR HEAD COACH?

His strong showing in the regular season and in four of the five games played against the Chicago Bulls in the Eastern Conference first round playoff series may be enough reasons to promote Frank Vogel from interim to permanent head coach of the Indiana Pacers. Vogel’s strong point is his system and calling in which his players responded positively. The way the last seed Pacers carried themselves against the top seed Bulls can all be attributed to the renewed vigor Vogel has brought to the team. The Pacers has become a team that is fun to watch under Vogel's tutelage. Vogel thinks he can definitely coach competitively in the NBA and he also believes he will be the next regular mentor of the Pacers, according to ESPN.

“One thing I learned the last three months is that I can do this. I'm confident in my leadership abilities, my management abilities, my coaching abilities. It's been an honor to coach the last few months, it would be an honor to coach in the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment