April 15, 2011

VUJACIC: PROUD TO BE A NET

Sasha Vujacic has truly enjoyed his first season in the Garden State. And now that his contract with the New Jersey Nets had expired, the Slovenia native personally wants to be back. The 6-7 sweet-shooting guard has played his best NBA season for the Nets this season after submitting career-high norms of 11.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg and 2.3 apg in 56 outings. He played six seasons including the first 11 games of this season with the Los Angeles Lakers. Vujacic says he hopes everything works out in his negotiation with the Nets and is also hopeful that there will be no work stoppage in the league next season, according to the New York Daily News.

“My personal choice would be definitely to come back. Everybody accepted me here, from Day One, from (PR director Gary Sussman) to everybody in our organization. All jokes aside, everybody was great and I felt like at home, especially our fans they were tremendous even though our record wasn’t the best. I dont know (if I’d come on a discount). The business part, I’m not getting involved in. I’m going to leave that to my agent (Rob Pelinka) to do whatever. Hopefully we have NBA next year. Hopefully there’s not going to be any lockout, and hopefully well continue to build something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment