April 18, 2011

THE “OLD” KIDD DELIVERS

(AP Photo).
Now, who says Jason Kidd is already over the hill? The former University of California star and 1995 NBA rookie of the year turned back the hands of time as he dished out a retro classic performance in the Dallas Mavericks' win over the Portland Trail Blazers, 89-81 in the opener of their Western Conference first round series. Kidd buried a trifecta that broke the backs of the Blazers with 25 seconds to go. The 6-4 Bay Area native erupted for six three-point howitzers en route to a 24-point job. Kidd, 38, says he need to lead by example to his team and mentioned that aggressiveness is a vital key to playoff wins, acccording to Yahoo! Sports.

“I just felt I needed to be aggressive. In the playoffs, they’re going to make it tough on the guys who do score, so … you need somebody to step up and I wanted to be that guy last night. I hope I don’t have to score 24 a night. Hopefully (being a scoring threat) is just going to open up the paint for my guys to get to the basket. At the same time, I’ve still got to be able to knock down open shots during the series.”

No comments:

Post a Comment