April 22, 2011

LIFE GOES ON FOR JERRY SLOAN

Is there satisfaction in life after basketball? Yes indeed, there really is, just ask Jerry Sloan. After 23 straight years as head coach of the Utah Jazz, Sloan suddenly shocked the hoops world when he resigned last February. Now, the Hall-of-Famer is enjoying life in the real world and lot of things has kept him busy even as he celebrated his 69th birthday last month. Sloan says he has not missed basketball since leaving the Jazz and he enjoys being with his family more than ever, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“I haven't missed basketball, because I've been busy. And I haven't really had a chance to think about that much. I'm just kind of living life day-to-day. It's strange, but I've never done this before. Just relax, enjoy myself, visit with my kids. I'm a pretty simple guy. It doesn't take a lot to entertain me. I haven't watched a lot of basketball.”

No comments:

Post a Comment