August 3, 2010

THE GREATEST DOCTOR

Julius “Dr. J” Erving has won it all in his pro basketball career. He won championships in the old ABA in 1974 and 1976 with the New York Nets. He was also named ABA MVP twice. In the NBA, the ex-University of Massachusetts kingpin won his only title in 1983 with the Philadelphia 76ers and clinched the MVP diadem once. But to this Hall-of-Famer, all these accolades take a backseat when it comes to his being spiritual and God-fearing man. For the 6-6 legend, all the glory goes to the greatest doctor of all, our Lord Jesus Christ.


“When I gave my life to Jesus Christ, I began to understand my true purpose for being here….. The purpose of life is to be found through having Christ in your life, understanding what His plan is, and following that plan….. Since I asked Christ to be my Lord and Savior, there are still some peaks and valleys. But I am being operated on by the greatest doctor of them all, so the glory goes to Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment