December 29, 2010

EX-PBA IMPORT AND FORMER SONIC DEAN TOLSON TRIES TO GET HIS LIFE BACK

Remember Dean Tolson? Together with another NBA veteran Larry McNeil, the duo became the most explosive and colorful import tandem ever to play in the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) history. Tolson and McNeil played together for Gilbey’s Gin during the 1979 campaign. The 6-8 Tolson also played in the NBA from 1974 to 1978 with the Seattle Supersonics. Now at 59, the ex-University of Arkansas standout is currently undergoing rehabilitation in a drug treatment center called Behavioral Health of the Palm Beaches. For several years, Tolson has become addicted to a pain medication. Tolson says he is now happy that he entered a rehab center and look forward of starting anew with a clean life, according to NBA Fanhouse.

“This place is my Christmas present. And it comes with a big bow on it. his is how I'll get my life back. 

“There were days when all I could do was lie there and cry. There were days when you didn't even want to wake up. It was a living hell at times. It was misery. It hurt so bad sometimes, it was a sweet-mother-jesus, take-me-away pain. I wanted that part of my life to end. I'd get 150 pills a month for six months without ever having to see the doctor. They just came in the mail. It made the pain a little more bearable, but that's no way to live. It was miserable at times. After feeling sorry for myself for so long, I had to do something.

“There are a lot of reasons why I'm here. I want to get my life back, and they have given me that chance. I love my daughter. She's the only one I'll ever have. And when I'm done here, I won't ever go back to the Vicodin. I just hopes she accepts me as her father again. I won't be the same man that I've been.”

2 comments:

  1. THE DEAN TOLSON STORY – When I met the college grad to NBA player who was not even able to read nor write!

    I saw him walking down the aisles of the V.A. hospital near Seattle this past summer. What caught my eye was the fact that he was one of the rare people that is taller than me. He stands 6' 8" and very proud looking so that he appeared even taller than that.

    We struck up a conversation and I eventually realized that THIS WAS DEAN TOLSON! The man that had graduated as an All-Conference basketball player from the University of Arkansas without ever being able TO READ NOR WRITE! We became fast friends.

    Yes, that's right! Dean had other students take tests for him and got teachers to let him slide (or even attend classes) all because of his outstanding ability to play basketball for the college.

    A high school graduate of Central H.S. in Kansas City, Missouri, he made All-American lists as an Arkansas Razorback. Drafted by the ABA New Jersey Nets and the NBA Seattle Supersonics, he signed with the Sonics in 1974. He had to get a friend to read the contract to him! STILL no one had found out his secret! But it was getting harder to hide.

    After three years in the NBA, Dean played internationally and abroad in the U.S. for another eleven years.

    Finally he admitted his shame but amazingly went on to complete his Master's Degree in 1988! Sports Illustrated did a feature article on him.

    A great fan favorite when he played, Dean participated in many charity basketball events until he ruptured a disc in his back. In fact, Dean became addicted to Vicodin and recently admitted his addiction to the painkillers, like a man while checking himself into a drug rehabilitation center in December of last year.

    "I didn't even have to go to the doctors. They would just mail me a prescription in the mail" he stated.

    My support and my heart goes out to him. A man of his mental stature and pride will kick this demon. Just like the others he has before!

    written by Dan W. Miller on Saturday, May 14, 2011

    http://danwmiller.hubpages.com/hub/THE-DEAN-TOLSON-STORY-When-I-met-the-college-grad-to-NBA-player-who-was-not-even-able-to-read-nor-write

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT MY EX HUSBAND IS BACK

    Thanks God I found you Dr Love by helping getting my Ex-husband back because I dont believe i can remarried Him again after divorced him in 2011 but ever since the divorced am still deeply in love with my ex husband Christopher ,I really do love him very much with my heart . We have got together in 2008 and I divorced him in 2011 ever since then I have been trying to get him back while reading Prayer Books, The top relationship guide books Until Sunday that i surface on Google to seek Advice On how i can get my ex Husband back after divorced him 2yrs ago and i cant stop thinking of him and loved him then Google Recommend me to Contact Dr Love spell caster Email address drlovespellcastersolution@gmail drlovesolution@yahoo.com.com Tel +2348038096203 , i did contact Dr Love on the same day which him Assure me that i would have my Ex husband back within 24hrs , i dont believe at first that Love spell work but it Come to Reality to me on the Next day when i saw my EX husband knocking my Door in the Morning and say he want to talk something serious with me Immediately he Kneel Down and give me ring that he want to marry me again

    Thanks Dr love for helping me get my Lover back and put smile on my face forever .
    EMMER

    ReplyDelete