December 22, 2010

THE NEW SUNS ARE UP AND READY

(AP Photo).
Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus and Marcin Gortat all came from a winning team in the east and they intend to continue their winning form with their new team, the Phoenix Suns in the west. The trio were acquired by the Suns in a trade with the Orlando Magic last weekend. The trio are all excited to play with two-time MVP Steve Nash in the Desert City and ready to take a new challenge with the Suns, according to The Arizona Republic.

Vince Carter: “We feel like we fit well in this offense, and it's been a storied organization for years and years. We just want to continue to build and help this organization get to where we feel they can be and that's winning championships. They have a great piece, and I think the point guard this year, um, what's his name? Nash. We all have to be committed to one another, making that dream happen and then when everybody believes, great things happen from there.”

Marcin Gortat: “Finally stepping out of that shadow is a huge, monster opportunity. I'm looking forward, and I'm definitely waiting for Steve Nash to play the pick and roll on the side, in the middle, whatever he wants to. I gotta make sure I have my eyes open. I'm really excited.”

Mickael Pietrus: “You want me to do the Dougie for you? I'll be playing on Thursday with my team, and I'm very excited about it. I'll do the Dougie for you after the game, too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment