December 14, 2010

SPOELSTRA’S REWARD SYSTEM PAYS OFF FOR THE REVITALIZED HEAT

Now it can be told. Nine straight wins and counting for the rejuvenated Miami Heat. Many wondered on the sudden turn-around of fortunes for the South Beach outfit following a dismal 9-8 win-loss start. The coaching genius in Erik Spoelstra has finally surfaced. The Fil-American mentor implemented a reward system on his players and the whole team responded well to the scheme. The reward system means a free lance or open court offensive attack after an accomplished defensive play or rebound. LeBron James says the system work wonders for the Heat and he is very comfortable with it, according to the Miami Herald.

“Our job is to defend and then we get rewarded with what we want to do on offense. We start with defense and if we get stops, then it's open court for us. We just try to put pressure on the opposing defenses also when we get stops. I think I'm getting more comfortable. 

“I had seven years of the same thing, knowing what to expect in Cleveland. I knew every night I went onto the basketball court I had to be great to give us an opportunity to win. This is a different situation for me and I'm still getting comfortable but I'm feeling good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment