December 28, 2010

STEVE FRANCIS BRINGS HIS BAD BOY ACT TO CHINA

Former NBA headcase Steve Francis will soon bade goodbye to the Beijing Shougang Ducks after seeing action for only 14 minutes in four games in the Chinese pro league. Attitude problem and poor physical shape are the main reasons why the Ducks decided to cut the 6-3 three-time NBA All-Star and former Rookie of the Year awardee. Francis refuses to practice hard with the Ducks to the dismay of Beijing coach Min Lulei. Min is up in arms dealing with the antics of Francis, who in one game while sitting on the bench pointed a dirty finger sign to the referee which drew a severe warning from the league for his uncivilized behavior. Francis posted averages of 0.5 ppg and 0.7 rpg in his short stint with the Ducks. Min has seen enough of the ex-University of Maryland standout, according to NiuBBall.com.

“Yesterday, the whole team practiced, but only [Francis] went to go spend Christmas with his family. This afternoon I was still speaking with him, I wanted to find him a conditioning coach to work him out for a bit.  But he said to me that he needs to play in games, not practice. 

“I don’t know if other coaches would give him the minutes he wants, but the whole team has been working hard in practice. Actually, I had planned to let him play today but the first quarter we got down by too much. I waited another day or two to talk to you guys [the media] again.  Right now I don’t know how Francis sees it all… Today we got a big win, but I’m in a very bad mood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment