December 9, 2010

IN A SLUMP

Not a few are disappointed with the performance so far this season of O.J. Mayo of the Memphis Grizzlies. The 3rd pick over-all in the 2008 rookie draft is averaging a career-low 12.2 ppg in 22 games with the Grizzlies this campaign. Worse, his playing minutes are down and he lost his starting job to rookie Xavier Henry, which further dampens his spirit. Mayo says he has difficult time adjusting to his new role off the bench, according to NBA Fanhouse.

“I would say so. I would probably say so. What do you think? It's definitely an adjustment. So I just got to kind of roll with the flow, and, when I'm out there, play hard. ... Right now, it is what it is. I've got to make the most of it.

“The minutes definitely went down. That could be part of the reason. I never really was the first or second option in past years anyway. ... After my rookie year, I was never really the main focus on offense.”

No comments:

Post a Comment