December 16, 2010

Video: MJ SON MARCUS ON THE RISE



He is finally stepping out of the G.O.A.T.’s (Greatest Of All Time) shadow. Meet Marcus Jordan of the University of Central Florida Knights, son of the legendary Michael Jordan. Marcus, a 6-3 shooting guard, has been on the headlines lately as he led the Knights to a surprising 8-0 start which includes a big win over 16th-ranked Florida Gators. He is averaging a team-best 16.3 points per game and .484 from three-point distance. His father Michael is often seen during Marcus games. Marcus says being the son of “His Airness” is difficult and he never tried to be like him but it made him worked harder, according to McClatchy Newspapers


“When I was young, it was really tough because people would put me down and I thought I’ll never be as good as my dad, but it made me play harder. Either you like my game, or you don’t, but I’m not trying to be my dad. Watching Jeff go through it first really helped. 

“I have been around the game at a very high level for my whole life, so I tend to know how to react in different situations, as does my brother. No one in Chicago had really heard of UCF, but I knew it was a diamond in the rough. I liked that I could get immediate playing time and be part of something brand new. Beating Florida was huge. They mentioned it on ESPN and all over the place. But we have much bigger goals. We want to win our conference and go to the NCAA Tournament. By the end of this season, people will know who we are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment