December 13, 2010

NOT FOR THE MONEY

(Getty Images)
Antoine Walker’s comeback into the game has made everybody thinking of one good reason behind it: money. It is an open secret that the 12-year NBA veteran is in dire straits. Walker has just signed up with the Idaho Stampede of the NBA D-League and hopes to make it a springboard for a future NBA comeback. But the 6-8 member of the 2006 NBA champion Miami Heat says he is back but not for the money. Walker, 34, believes he still has the game to make it back to the NBA, according to the Boston Herald. Walker has career averages of 17.5 ppg, 7.7 rpg and 3.5 apg in 893 total games with the Boston Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Atlanta Hawks, Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves. The former Kentucky Wildcats star was the 6th pick over-all by the Celtics in the 1996 rookie draft.

“Obviously I’m not here for the money. I’m just trying to play ball, and if a (general manager) gets interested in me, great. Obviously I have to reconstruct. But I feel blessed. I’m not going to go jump off a bridge. I still feel I can play and compete.”

No comments:

Post a Comment