December 20, 2010

A NEW BEGINNING FOR GILBERT ARENAS

It was a mutual feeling and he long waited for this time to come. The Washington Wizards and Gilbert Arenas has finally parted ways when the former sent the latter to the Orlando Magic for Rashard Lewis in a straight-up trade during the weekend. Arenas, who is projected to be the sixth man in his new team, says he is ecstatic in joining the Magic because he was a big fan of Penny Hardaway during his childhood days, according to NBA Fanhouse.

“I was at the gym (in Washington) when they told me. I grabbed two pairs of shoes, bought my own plane ticket and got here as quickly as I could. By halftime, I was here working out (on the practice court).

“I grew up a Magic fan. Penny Hardaway was my favorite player. I've spent my summers here. I'm ecstatic about this. We haven't discussed it (his role) yet, but I was coming off the bench in Washington (for seven of his 21 games). I can do it here. I'm here to score and make plays for others. It's easy. If you have an open shot, you take it. If not, pass it to Dwight (Howard). 

“This is a new beginning for me, a true new beginning, a new city a new team and new teammates. I get a fresh start. I've watched these guys play every year. They know how to play. They know how to win. I've never played with a big guy like Dwight, who dominates a game. I'm looking forward to this chance.”

No comments:

Post a Comment