June 28, 2011

AL HORFORD: THE ULTIMATE TEAM PLAYER

Atlanta Hawks big man Al Horford is one player who believes in team play. For him, the over-all welfare of the team comes first before any individual accolades gets in. Horford, son of former NBA center Tito Horford, started all 77 games for the Hawks last season, posting career-high in points per game, 15.3 and decent numbers of 9.3 rpg and 1.0 bpg. The 6-10 Puerto Plata (Domincan Republic) native was the third pick over-all by the Hawks in the 2007 NBA draft out of the University of Florida. Horford says he is always a team-oriented type of player, who is ready to perform whatever Hawks coach Larry Drew instructs him to do, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

“It will be interesting because I've always been very team-oriented, If coach [Larry Drew] comes and tells me, ‘Listen, I want you to develop more [in isolation] and I want you to create plays,' I could adjust my game to that. 

“My game is predicated on how my team is doing as a whole and how we are playing together. When we play together and we have high assists you see my production go up usually. We had a couple games where we started to play the right way and we got away from it and it affected the way that I play.”

No comments:

Post a Comment