June 28, 2011

BENCH ROTATION COST DANTLEY HIS JOB?

Basketball hall-of-famer Adrian Dantley has finally spoken about being booted out as head assistant coach of the Denver Nuggets. According to the former NBA scoring champion and ex-University of Notre Dame stalwart, bench rotation among the assistant coaches was the primary reason why the Nuggets fired him. Dantley, who took over as temporary head coach when George Karl had to take an emergency leave of absence during the latter part of the 2009-10 season, says his inability to rotate his usual spot at the back of the team’s bench during actual games did him in, according to the Denver Stiffs.

“Oh, yeah, I’m done. (Nuggets coach George Karl) fired me Friday. I got fired because I didn’t rotate on the bench. I didn’t rotate. I wasn’t going to rotate. If they (other assistants) want the publicity to sit up front, I don’t need the publicity… I got no problem not being seen on TV and sitting at the back of the bench.”

No comments:

Post a Comment