June 21, 2011

ARENAS WILL BE BETTER – DWIGHT HOWARD

If there is one player Dwight Howard is looking forward to of having a great year next season with the Orlando Magic, it will be guard Gilbert Arenas. Since acquiring Arenas in a trade with the Washington Wizards last December, the Magic had utilized the 10-year veteran sporadically. In 49 games with the Magic last season, the 6-3, ex-University of Arizona Wildcat posted career-low norms of 8.0 ppg, 3.2 apg and 2.4 rpg. He started only two games for Stan Van Gundy’s charges. Things did not changed in the playoffs as Arenas saw action in only five (of six) games for the Magic with post-season low averages of 8.6 ppg, 2.8 rpg and 2.4 apg. Howard says the reason why Arenas did not have a good first year in Orlando was because he was not used properly by Van Gundy last season, according to Hoops Hype.

“I don’t think our coach used him the right way, but I think he can do a lot of great things for our team. He promised me this summer he was going to get better, physically and mentally, so he can come back and have an awesome year. I’m looking forward to that.

“I just felt like he didn’t get the opportunity to play his style but also play with me. I think he needed to. I think he got a couple of opportunities to do it in the playoffs, but it was kind of too late. So I think he will be great for us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment