June 27, 2011

JIMMER FREDETTE: A TRUE POINT-GUARD AT HEART

Believe it or not, celebrated rookie Jimmer Fredette is a natural point-guard. The 6-2 shooting dynamo, who was drafted tenth pick over-all by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2011 NBA draft but later was traded to the Sacramento Kings, is a self-proclaimed big fan of hall-of-famer and legendary point guard John Stockton of the Utah Jazz. The Glens Falls (NY) native led the college circuit last season with a whopping 28.9 points average (including a .396 clip from the three-point distance) in 37 games with the Brigham Young University Cougars. Fredette exploded for a season-high 47 points in BYU’s win over Utah last January 11. Fredette swears he played point guard throughout his career at BYU and is looking forward of playing the same spot in the pros, according to The Boston Globe.

“I know that I will have a target on my back going in, with all the speculation. Those guys are competitive guys and want to show they’re the best, and same here. I never really played shooting guard at college or high school or anything, but I’ve always handled the ball, if they watched the games at BYU. I played point guard. I think the teams have seen me and want me to play point guard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment