February 15, 2011

ANOTHER BARON DAVIS-PAUL SILAS TEAM UP IN CHARLOTTE?

Los Angeles Clippers starting point guard Baron Davis played for coach Paul Silas in the first four years of his NBA career with the then Charlotte Hornets. Silas, now back in the Queen City as mentor of the Charlotte Bobcats, has good words to say about Davis during the years they were together, according to the Sporting News. When Silas took control of the Bobcats from Larry Brown last December, rumors have it that he wants Davis back as his lead quarterback. It will definitely be interesting to see Davis leads the attack of the young Bobcats squad.

Paul Silas: “Baron was great, except for his first year, I had him on the bench, and he never lets me forget that. He stayed on for about three weeks after that season and worked on his shot, and he promised me he was going to start the next year, and he did. He went on from there -- the All-Star team and all of that. Baron is just a tremendous man and a tremendous athlete.”

Baron Davis: “We used to go at it, because I was a rookie point guard, second -year point guard and he was on me. He made me tough, he made me tough the way that, you see with Rondo and the veterans around him, they made him tough. Coach and me would go at it and, after the game, he would kick my butt and I’d take it and grow as a player. But I loved playing for coach Silas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment