February 21, 2011

KEVIN DURANT: HUMBLE AS EVER

There is something very special about Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder, who is one of the heavy favorites to bag the much-coveted Most Valuable Player (MVP) award this season. Believe it or not, he does not feel he is an NBA star yet. But this is his second straight appearance in the NBA All-Star game and still Durant says he has not reach the popularity so far of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, according to CBS Sports. Humility is the name of the game for this former Texas Longhorns star, who led Team USA to a gold medal finish in the FIBA World Championships in Turkey last summer. Durant has an eye-popping career average of 25.9 points per game in four years so far with the Thunder.

“Nah, I don’t. When I go to the other arenas and they call my name I kind of listen to the crowd. They don’t roar as much as they do for a Kobe or LeBron (James) or Dwyane Wade or Carmelo(Anthony) . I’m not there. I’m happy with the progress I’m making as a player, I wouldn’t say I’m a star but I’m growing, I can tell you that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment