February 16, 2011

IGGY IS NOT BOTHERED BY TRADE TALKS

Andre Iguodala of the Philadelphia 76ers has heard his name frequently mentioned in trade talks since last year. With another trade deadline fast approaching, Iguodala remains cool and unperturbed of what’s going on in the rumor mills. The 6-6, ex-Arizona Wildcats hotshot would rather talk about the current form of the Sixers and their bid to gatecrash into the playoffs come April. Iguodala is currently posting norms of 14.4 points per game, 5.6 caroms per appearance and 6.0 dimes per outing in 42 games so far with the Sixers. He says he has not put too much thought on the possibility of playing for a new team after the all-star weekend and with the Sixers playing splendidly lately, he expects to remain with the team in its quest for a playoff berth this season, according to the Philly Burbs.

“I learned that when you don't control something, you don't put much thought into it. We've been playing well, so it hasn't come up. If we start playing bad again, it'll come up again. I'll deal with it when I deal with it. 

“To be honest, I don't really care (what fans think about my play) - only because I know what I can bring to my teammates. I've been doing the same thing for a long time. Nothing's really changed too much. My peers have a lot of respect for my game.”

No comments:

Post a Comment