February 3, 2011

THE LEGACY OF SHAQUILLE O’NEAL

Shaquille O’Neal, now on his 19th season, will truly go down as one of the most dominant big men ever in NBA history. Just consider his resume:
  • 28,590 points (to date)
  • 13,098 rebounds (to date)
  • 2,732 block shots (to date)
  • 1,206 games (to date)
  • 4 NBA Championships  
  • 1992-93 NBA Rookie of the Year
  • 1999-00 NBA All-Star Game MVP
  • 1999-00 NBA Finals MVP
  • 1999-00 NBA MVP
  • 2000-01 NBA Finals MVP
  • 2001-02 NBA Finals MVP
  • 2003-04 NBA All-Star Game MVP
  • 2008-09 NBA All-Star Game MVP
And O’Neal is not yet done as he now guns for his fifth NBA title with the defending Eastern Conference kingpins, the Boston Celtics. His legacy will surely not be easily or may never be duplicated ever in the NBA. O’Neal thinks his legacy is now fully secured and and says will even dwarf the achievement of other great centers of the game, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“I don’t worry about my legacy. I look at it like this: There are certain guys that have legacies, and I’ve [expletive] tripled and quadrupled what the [expletive] they did, like Bill Walton. That’s how I look at it. Real talk. Everybody has a pen, so everybody’s going to say otherwise. But I know guys that got one [championship] and they got $60,000 speaking gigs off what they did 30 years ago. My legacy is straight. I don’t worry about it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment