May 26, 2011

ANDREA AIN’T GOING ANYWHERE

Toronto Raptors big man Andrea Bargnani had finally spoken. Rumors have it that the 7-0 Italian power forward is on the verge of leaving the Raptors for a chance to play with a winning team. The 25 year-old Rome native, who was the first pick over-all in the 2006 draft by the Raptors, has played a total of 367 games in five seasons with the Maple Leaf outfit. He submitted norms of 21.4 ppg and 4.9 rpg in 66 games last season. Bargnani says he loves the City of Toronto so much that he is set to continue improving himself for next season wars, according to The Score.

“I wish to personally clarify and correct an inaccurate portrayal of my words that recently appeared in the media. Much of what I said was taken out of context with respect to an entire conversation. I want to make clear my love for Toronto and that I consider the city a second home. I never said that I want to leave Toronto and I’m sorry if fans interpreted the inaccuracy that way. I am proud to represent Toronto and the Raptors organization. I appreciate what Bryan Colangelo and the organization has done for me during the past five years of my career. I will always continue to work to improve myself as a player in an effort to reward the organization and our fans with the best team possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment