May 18, 2011

DIRK MADE THE RIGHT DECISION

(AP Photo)
Apart from LeBron’s D-Day last summer, Dirk Nowitzki’s decision to stay with the Dallas Mavericks comes in a close second. It’s because the “German Bomber” knew he made the right one. He could have joined the Miami Heat or the Chicago Bulls or even the Oklahoma City Thunder but chooses the only team that he had played for since his rookie year. He strongly believes that the Mavericks have the tools needed to finally nail the big one, the NBA title. Now, that decision is reaping dividends. The Mavericks are in the Western Conference finals and had just won the opener of their best-of-seven series against the Thunder. Thanks to Nowitzki’s incredible display of marksmanship that netted him 48 big points (including a record 24 straight free throws). Nowitzki says his teammates' big trust and confidence in him and defensive mismatches help secured game one for the Mavericks, according to Yahoo! Sports.

“I was really looking to shoot early and was able to get my rhythm after the first couple of shots. I kept attacking and my teammates kept feeding me and feeding me and I was able to take advantage over some smaller players.”

No comments:

Post a Comment