May 16, 2011

ROARING THUNDER

(AP Photo).
The Cinderella campaign of the Memphis Grizzlies finally came to a halt while there seems no stopping the ascension of the Oklahoma City Thunder into the elite list of NBA powerhouses. At last, Russell Westbrook played a controlled game and took the challenge of taking less shots and helping his teammates more on the offensive end that netted them a 105-90 rout of the Grizzlies in the seventh and deciding game of their best-of-seven Western Conference second round series. Kevin Durant unleashes once more his shooting prowess by top-scoring with 39 big points while Westbrook posted a triple double with 14 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds. Durant says he felt like he let his teammates down in game six and that inspired him to work harder in game seven, according to Yahoo! Sports.


That wasn’t me at all in Game 6. I was so upset with myself that I kind of let my guys down by not playing my game. No matter what, if I was shooting bad in Game 6, as long as I was aggressive. I wasn’t aggressive at all. This game, that’s what I told myself: `Come in aggressive, start the game off aggressive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment