May 17, 2011

GALLINARI: LOOKING AHEAD WITH THE NUGGETS

Danilo Gallinari loves it in Mile High City. This past regular season is a memorable one for the 6-10 native of Sant'Angelo Lodigiano, Italy. He had his first trade transaction in his young 3-year NBA career when the New York Knicks included him in the package for Carmelo Anthony of the Denver Nuggets last February. But like a true pro, Gallo (as he is fondly called by his teammates) strive harder to prove his worth with the Nuggets and he went on to average 14.7 ppg and 5.4 rpg in 14 outings with his new team. He also saw action in five playoff games with Denver wherein he posted 12.4 ppg and 3.4 rpg. Gallinari, who is set to play for Italy in the coming Euro Basket, says he is looking forward for a better year with the Nuggets next season under the tutelage of coach George Karl, whom he respects so much, according to Sportando.

“Regarding my next season, I know that the management in Denver wants for me a more important role. I am ready and I hope next season will be good for me and the team. It is a honour for me to be coached by George Karl. He is a winner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment