November 25, 2010

“THE ANSWER”: NO MORE NBA

Allen Iverson (left) in action for
Besiktas in the Turkish pro league.
If people think that the Turkish League stint of Allen Iverson is a springboard for a future NBA comeback, the answer is a big no. For Iverson, the NBA is a thing of the past and all of his focus right now is to make Besiktas a better team. Iverson says he is done with the NBA and he is happy with his life as his heart now belongs to Turkey, where he hopes to end his storied basketball career, according to HeinNews.

“No, that’s not a goal of mine. That’s a goal I have already accomplished. I already accomplished being an NBA basketball player. I’ve done a lot of things in that league that not too many people have had a chance to do and have the luxury to perform at that level. I’ve done a lot of things that I’m proud of in the NBA for the years that I was there. I’ve accomplished so many things. And my heart is here now. This is what I want to do. Obviously this team gave me an opportunity and gave me a chance. And I think I would be letting them down if I was just focused on getting back to the NBA. My focus is on getting this team better and doing everything I can for this club. If I can have it my way I would finish my career right here.

“Just to win. With me, scoring and breaking records and doing all those things and being an All-Star, I’ve done those things and accomplished those things on the highest level. So I’ve been there and done that. My whole thing is team orientated. When the contract was made I didn’t want any individual things put into the contract that I had to accomplish. I wanted all the goals to be team-orientated. That’s the only thing I’m thinking about, winning basketball games. And just coming here and losing my first three games gives me a bad taste in my mouth. But the only thing it does is encourage me to get better and learn the system and fit in better than I am.”

No comments:

Post a Comment