November 24, 2010

IF IT AIN’T BROKE, DON’T FIX IT

Dwight Howard of the
Orlando Magic. (AP
Photo)
Despite their 106-97 defeat to the San Antonio Spurs, the Orlando Magic remains on top of the heap in the Southeast Division with a 9-4 win-loss card and Magic General Manager Otis Smith is not tinkering of any player movement, not even by a longshot. Smith says the Magic has all the tools to make it big in the post-season and there is no reason to add another marquee player at this time, according to Hoopsworld.

“I like our team. I don't think there's anything on our team that I would add at this point of time. We're as flexible as you can get. We can play big or small. I don't think I necessarily need to add anything to it in order to play certain ways. I think the season is a process by which you play good teams, get over exposed to your weaknesses, just as we will over expose other teams to their weaknesses and you learn from that to get ready for the postseason. I don't' make one game bigger than the other. When you play good teams they're going to have a tendency to expose you and those are the things you need to work on in the postseason because in a seven-game series teams are going to expose your weaknesses more often than not, so that's what it's about for us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment