November 11, 2010

FINALLY, OUT OF BOOZER’S SHADOW

Paul Millsap powers his
way in against Chris
Bosh of the Miami Heat.
(AP Photo)
Paul Millsap has finally showed the NBA world of what he is capable of doing. The 6-8 former Louisian Tech standout scored a career-high 46 points and made the crucial basket for the Utah Jazz to send the game against the powerful Miami Heat into overtime. Eventually, the Jazz completed their rousing comeback from 22 points down to upset the heavily favored Heat squad, 116-114. Millsap, who is a second round draftee of the Jazz (47th pick over-all) in the 2006 rookie draft, says the departure of Carlos Boozer (to the Chicago Bulls) gave him the opportunity to shine this season, according to ESPN.

“This season is what I've been waiting for all my life. Four years playing under Carlos, I finally got the opportunity to showcase my skills to the fullest. My thing is I just wanted to come out and try to prove I'm worthy to play that position.”

No comments:

Post a Comment