November 11, 2010

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
I considered myself lucky for watching the replay last night of the Indiana Pacers rout of the Denver Nuggets, 144-113. It was truly a night to remember in NBA history. The Pacers put on an amazing display of marksmanship by making their first 20 shots in the third quarter on their way to scoring a one-quarter record of 54 big points. They finished the 3rd canto with an astonishing 20 of 21 field goals made. Their only missed shot came with just a few ticks left before the end of the period when Josh McRoberts trey rimmed out. Mike Dunleavy, Jr. waxed hot during the rampage by scoring 24 of his 29 total points in the historic run. Dunleavy was still ecstatic after the game and said he was not aware that they have not missed a shot until after the period ended, according to The Indianapolis Star.


“I didn't know we hadn't missed (the entire third quarter) until after the fact. If I'd known, I would have run over to Josh and stolen the ball from him. I've been watching the game for 25 years, and I've never seen anything like that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment