November 19, 2010

ROOKIE KICKS OUT J.R. SMITH FROM NUGGETS ROTATION

Denver Nuggets rookie swingman
Gary Forbes. (AP Photo)
Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl did not think twice of playing rookie Gary Forbes ahead of veteran J.R. Smith in his rotation. The 6-7 Forbes is playing impressively so far for the Nuggets while Smith has his usual off-court problems and below-par performances. Karl says he expects more professionalism and better play from Smith, who saw action for only more than a minute in his last two games, according to The Denver Post. Smith is currently averaging a career-low of 8.6 ppg and 3.2 rpg in ten outings for the Nuggets while Forbes is submitting norms of 8.5 ppg and 3.0 rpg in eight games as a pro. 

“I think J.R. knows exactly where we're at. I think right now, it's J.R. and me, and I think J.R. should understand what's going on. I've got a kid playing better than he is playing. And I don't have minutes to share.”

No comments:

Post a Comment