November 24, 2010

NO HARD FEELINGS FOR STACKHOUSE

Jerry Stackhouse (right) at the Miami
Heat bench with LeBron James in
file photo.
Jerry Stackhouse is now officially out of the Miami Heat roster. The 16-year veteran was released by the Heat to make way for big man Erick Dampier. The 6-6 former North Carolina star appeared in seven games for the Heat this season and posted career-low averages of 1.7 ppg and 1.0 rpg. Stackhouse says he has fully accepted and understand the decision of the Heat management, which is to primarily address the immediate need for a frontliner to replace the injured Udonis Haslem, according to ESPN.

“I never really got a chance to have any impact on what was happening one way or the other. They know that. I really feel they had full intentions of [providing that opportunity], but the injury to [Udonis Haslem] coupled with being outrebounded and losing the paint game in all of the losses -- and even a few of the wins -- put the onus on addressing those issues as opposed to finding out how I could complement what was going on, which I fully understand.

“The business is the business. I have no complaints. I thank Pat Riley and the Miami Heat organization for giving me the opportunity, which allowed me to get in NBA condition [and] will definitely benefit me when another opportunity arises.”

No comments:

Post a Comment