January 31, 2011

ALDRIDGE’S ONE-MAN MEDIA BLACKOUT

There is a very strong clamor for Portland Trail Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge to play in the All-Star game this February. But Aldridge is not paying any attention to it due to his strong belief that he will not make it to this year’s annual spectacle. The 6-11 former University of Texas at Austin star is having a career season with career-high averages of 21.0 ppg and 9.0 rpg in 47 games so far with the Blazers. Aldridge says he has already bought a homebound ticket, where he plans to spend the all-star respite, according to the Oregonian.

“Yeah, because I don’t think I’m going to make it, so I can tune it out. We’ll see what happens, but I bought my ticket home, like three weeks ago. Is it a refundable ticket? I don’t know. We’ll deal with that when it happens. But I already bought my ticket to go home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment