January 27, 2011

A WARRIOR ALL THE WAY

Once discontented with the arrival of then highly touted rookie guard Stephen Curry and who did not like the way things are being run in the Bay Area, Monta Ellis is now singing a different tune. Ellis, who is the only remaining member of the surprising Golden State Warriors team that shocked the West top seed Dallas Mavericks in the 2007 playoffs, wants to stay with the team which drafted him 40th over-all in the 2005 NBA draft out of Lanier High School in Jackson, Mississippi. The 6-3 hotshot guard is having a career-season and is on the verge of making his first ever All-Star game appearance. Ellis is currently averaging career-highs of 25.8 ppg and 5.6 apg in 44 outings so far with the Warriors. He says the Warriors has become his second home and has given him the opportunity to shine in the league, according to Yahoo! Sports.


“There is no need for all that. To me it’s a headache. I wasn’t going to cause no type of problems when I’m trying to fix this problem over here and then have to come around and deal with this over here. We have loyal fans every night. They come by to support me. This is my second home. They gave me my opportunity. I’m just going to wait it out and see what happens. I have three years left after this (season). We will play it out. We’ll turn it around. We’re so close. I don’t need a trade or demand a trade because we are right there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment