January 21, 2011

ARENAS STRUGGLES WITH SVG

The soonest he’s able to adjust, the better it will be for Gilbert Arenas and his new team, the Orlando Magic. Arenas is visibly struggling with his current point guard chores under Magic head coach Stan Van Gundy. The conflict starts and ends with playing time. Arenas had not scored in double figures in the last five games all because of limited playing time. To be effective, Arenas says he needs more PT but Van Gundy counters how can he grant more minutes to Arenas if he is not playing up to par and lacks the aggressiveness he wants from a point guard, according to NBA Fanhouse.

Gilbert Arenas: “I'm used to playing 40 minutes, where you don't have to be aggressive all the time. That's one of the problems. Used to be, I'd pass it, pass it, get everyone going, then usually have time to find my groove. But by the time that happens here, I'm usually out of the game.”

Stan Van Gundy: “Gil is struggling right now, and the biggest thing he is struggling with now is me. I'm harder on point guards than anyone else. He's not playing with a great deal of enthusiasm. He's not enjoying playing. And I'm a big reason. There is an adjustment he's going to have to make.”

No comments:

Post a Comment