January 27, 2011

LOVE IS SWEETER THE 2ND TIME AROUND FOR HEDO TURKOGLU

After disastrous stints with the Toronto Raptors and Phoenix Suns, Hedo Turkoglu is enjoying his NBA life once again as he found himself back with the team which made him a star, the Orlando Magic. Together with Dwight Howard, Turkoglu led the Magic to the NBA Finals in 2009. Since being traded by the Suns last December 18, Turkoglu is averaging 11.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg and 5.8 apg as a starter in 19 outings so far with the Magic. The 6-10 sweet-shooting Turkish forward says how he wish he did not made the decision to leave the Magic in the summer of 2009, according to NBA.com.

“I never thought that I would be back, especially not this soon. I wish I had never left. I wanted and expected in those places to be the guy that could do the things that I'm comfortable doing. I wanted to be making plays, a facilitator, someone who is good with the ball and creates open shots for his teammates. Instead I was used in a different way in both of those situations. I don't have an answer for that. They tried to use me as a guy off the ball, a spot-up shooter. 

“I respect those teams and maybe what their plans were. I went out there and tried to do my best in those situations. But it wasn't me. It wasn't who I can be. But what I hate the most is having people think I didn't try hard or do much for 1 ½ years and wasted that time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment