January 14, 2011

RIP IS PUZZLED

For the first time in his nine-year stint with the Detroit Pistons, Richard (Rip) Hamilton got a DNP-CD (Did Not Play-Coach Decision) in a recent 107-99 home defeat to the Memphis Grizzlies. He is completely puzzled by this move of Pistons head coach John Kuester. The 6-6 former University of Connecticut hotshot, who is one of only two remaining members from the 2004 NBA champion Pistons squad, is the subject of a trade talk involving Carmelo Anthony during the last few days. Hamilton is currently averaging 13.2 points per game (his lowest since his rookie year in 1999-2000) and has started in 24 of 34 games so far with the Pistons. The 12-year veteran says he did not have a hint that he will not see action in the Grizzlies game, according to the Detroit Free Press.

“I came to the game tonight with my same routine that I was going to play. Ain't nobody warn me, tell me anything. I just came out ready to play the game. I was definitely surprised, you know? Do I think it was a level of disrespect or unfair or anything like that? I'll leave that to ya'll, you know? 

“When you're not playing, it's like, what did I do? I can't control my playing time. I can't control what happens. The only thing I can do is continue to do what I do, and that's try to get myself, ready to play basketball.”

No comments:

Post a Comment