August 17, 2010

IT’S ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL

Tracy McGrady shows off his
new Detroit Pistons jersey.
For Detroit Pistons newly-acquired swingman Tracy McGrady, it’s all about getting back into the game. According to mlive.com, McGrady said it is not important for him to be a starter or not for his new team. He just wants to play, win and help the Pistons get back into the playoffs. And the good news is that his knees are feeling much better than when he was with the New York Knicks last season.


“Come off the bench -- if that's what it is, that's what it is. I'm just ready to play basketball, y'all. Seriously. That's what I wake up thinking about. That's what I love to do.

“For these last two years I've been kind of alienating my family a little bit, because I've been fighting so hard to get back. I'm just excited and I'm eager to get back. I look forward to it.

“It's like night and day, really. I was still recovering from it. Back-to-backs were pretty tough for me. I was a lot heavier, my body wasn't in shape. There's no question that I am a lot better now than I was back then. A lot better. This team could have been a playoff team last year had they not had the injuries they had. Being a healthy team in the Eastern Conference, anything is possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment