August 18, 2010

JERRY WEST BRACES FOR AN NBA COMEBACK

Jerry West
At 72, Hall-of-Famer Jerry West would still love to get involve with an NBA team. Since retiring as General Manager of the Memphis Grizzlies in 2007, the NBA legend admitted that he misses doing his usual front office chores but added that if ever an opportunity comes along down the road again, he will settle for a less-stressful job, according to Hangtime Blog. Maybe a working consultant role will fit him best.

“There’s things about the NBA I miss. I do not miss the deceptive part of it. I don’t like the negativity part of it; in all sports, we see a lot of that today. That’s the only thing I don’t like. But all I seem to know in my life is being involved in basketball, a sport I know and love and a sport that has led me to somewhere in my life I never would have dreamed.

“If there were an opportunity that I considered attractive, and obviously working with the right people would be very, very important, I could have an interest. But it wouldn’t be on a day-to-day interest. I’ve always felt it would be nice to be a working consultant. I’m not talking about somebody that just sits around and does nothing. You’re either in or you’re out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment